Theater Grant Opportunity
Amount of grant: $10,000
Application deadline: March 28, 2022 • 5 pm EST
Purpose of project:
Provide the theater community with the opportunity to put together a performance open to the public that portrays the Ecuadorian immigrant experience in New York City.
Goals of project:
Reach Spanish and English-speaking audiences.
Reach at least 300 direct and 2000 indirect audience members using various platforms and mediums.
Present at least one performance by June 30, 2022.
Give visibility to the Ecuadorian immigrant experience.
- Must portray the Ecuadorian immigrant experience (not limited to any time period).
- Must present a detailed project budget and timeline.
- Must conform with EACC’s purpose and goals.
- Project leader(s) and applicant(s) must be at least 18 years of age and must work with at least five artists.
- Project must be conducted within the 5 boroughs of New York City.
- Must have a final performance that is open to the public.
- A final report, along with financial records, must be submitted at the end of the project for project evaluation and feedback
- Grantee must work with EACC in the realization of this project.
- Funds cannot be used for goods or services not related to the project.
- Allowable project expenses include the cost of production and technical equipment, artists’ salaries, props, wardrobe, scenery, rehearsal venue, performance venue*, materials and supplies, marketing and advertising, transportation, and meals.
- Expenses must be approved by the Ecuadorian American Cultural Center.
- Grant funds will be administered by EACC, and monetary disbursements and payments will be processed with receipts and invoices.
- Any paid artists will be considered contractors and receive a 1099 form at the end of the year.
- Project cannot promote or be affiliated with any political party or movement.
- Although other organizations and individuals may contribute to the project, EACC must be recognized as the main sponsor during all activities and must be mentioned in all promotional materials.
- Project will be under the supervision of EACC and must be aligned with its mission.
- Any income received from performances or activities related to the project will be in benefit of EACC’s Community Arts Support Program (current and/or future expenses).
- Any unclaimed grant monies will be forfeited and returned to EACC.
- EACC will not make disbursements beyond the grant amount established.
* Venue expenses will be shared; EACC will be responsible for 75% and the grantee will be responsible for 25%.
Selection Committee and notification of award:
- EACC will designate a committee of a minimum of three members.
- The selection committee will review only the projects submitted by the deadline.
- The selection committee may reach out to applicants if further information is needed.
- Notification of awards will be communicated within 2 weeks after the application deadline.
- Please download and complete the Budget Allocation document.
- Upload budget document in the application form.
- Complete this application form.
- Applications will be considered complete only if they include the budget document.
- An optional info session will be held on March 23 at 7 pm. If interested in attending please register here