Similar to a prep course, this program is designed for those interested in taking the NY TASC exam (more commonly known as GED) and obtaining their High School Equivalency Diploma. With the guidance of the instructors, the students will prepare for the exam’s five different subjects: Reading, Writing, Social Studies, Science, and Mathematics. Instructors will also guide the students through the application process.
In New York State, a student has three attempts to pass the TASC exam in a calendar year. It is offered in Spanish at local libraries associated with the Department of Education. The TASC exam is available to everyone regardless of immigration status.
Requirements for the course:
- Have completed primary school (other options available if this is not the case)
- Be willing to dedicate approximately 9 hours a week (6 hours in class and 3 hours of homework and quizzes).
- Live in New York State, and present an identification card or passport (Driver’s License, Consular ID, NYC Municipal ID)
- Have access to a laptop or mobile device and an internet connection
- Be ready to commit to up to 6 or 7 months
As the co-founder of E-Group Tech Services, a company that offers training and educational services, Raul Andrade has more than a decade of experience teaching computer classes, GED and TASC prep courses, ESL for Latinos, and more. He joined EACC in 2018.
As the co-founder of E-Group Tech Services, a company that offers training and educational services, Ivan E. Salvador has more than a decade of experience teaching computer classes, GED and TASC prep courses, ESL for Latinos, and more. He joined EACC in 2018.
Come and get your high school diploma
A person with a GED has a chance of earning 25% more than a person without the
There are no upcoming events at this time